Top Plumbing & HVAC Questions and How To’s
After serving the Metro Detroit community’s plumbing needs for over 80 years, there have been a few questions we see most often. If you have questions about your plumbing, air conditioning, heating system or anything else causing issues in your home, browse our answers to these commonly asked questions here.
Browsing our selection of plumbing Q and A could prevent costly repairs needed in the future. Be sure to browse the information below, or contact us now and have one of our plumbing or HVAC specialist investigate your issue today.
- Faucets, Toilets, & Showers
- Water Heater
- Drain & Sewer
- Garbage Disposal
- What is Plumbing?
- What are common plumbing problems?
- My basement is flooded, what do I do?
- How do I change my sump pump?
- How do I know how deep my water table is?
- When do I need a plumber?
- Why do I need a plumber?
- Where do I find a plumber?
- How do I know if my plumbing is up to code?
- Why do I have plumbing noises?
- How do I clean my plumbing fixtures?
- How do I winterize my plumbing?
- How do I replace my plumbing?
- How do I prevent plumbing problems?
- How do I maintain my plumbing system?
- How much should plumbing cost?
- My water line is clogged, what do I do?
- Tree roots grew through my clay pipes, what do I do?
- What is a hydro-jetter?
- What’s the difference between copper pipes and galvanized pipes?
- How do I rerun water lines?
- What is a water line?
- Why did my pipes freeze?
- How do I prepare my pipes for winter?
- How do I run a water line for my dishwasher?
Faucets, Toilets, & Showers
- How do I unclog my toilet?
- My toilet flooded, how do I fix this?
- How do I fix a leaky faucet?
- How do I fix a running toilet?
- My shower is leaking, how do I fix this?
- How do you clean your shower head?
- How do I get more pressure to my shower head?
- Why do I hear water running?
- How can I increase water pressure?
- How do I clean my faucets?
- What is the difference between cast iron and china fixtures?
- Why would I want a stainless steel sink?
- Why do I get hot water in my shower when someone flushes the toilet?
- How do I replace my sink?
- How do I replace my faucet?
- How do I replace my shower head?
- How do I replace my toilet?
- What would happen if everyone in the US flushed at the same time?
- My water heater is leaking, what do I do?
- Why is my water bill so high?
- How do I set my water heater for the best temperatures?
- What size water heater do I have?
- What are the pros and cons of tankless water heaters?
- Where do I buy a water heater?
- How do I install a water heater?
- Why is my water heater not working the way it used too?
- What causes a big rise in my water bill?
Drain & Sewer
- How do I fix a clogged drain?
- My sewer line is clogged, what do I do
- How do you snake a drain?
- Why does my sewer smell?
- How do I replace my sink drain?
- Why do I need a drain catch?
- Where does my sewer line go?
- What’s the best way to clear a clogged drain?
- How do I replace my drain line?
- How do I fix my garbage disposal?
- How do I know I need a new garbage disposal?
- How to replace a garbage disposal
- How often do I change my air filters?
- Why should I change my air filters?
- How do I know if the duct work is the right size for my home?
- How do I save on heating?
- What are the average savings of programmable thermostat?
- Is it best to turn my thermostat off if I travel?
- Why is my thermostat clicking?
- What side effects of bad heating units?
- Where do I buy a furnace?
- My furnace is making noise, what is this?
- My thermostat is broken, what do I do?
- How long is a thermostat good for?
- How much money should a new heating and cooling system cost me?
- How much should heating cost?
- How long should a furnace last?
- Why did my furnace break?
- How much does a new furnace cost?
- How do I tell if I have the right size AC unit?
- How do I save on AC?
- What is r-410a?
- How do I know if I should fix my AC or buy a new one?
- Where do I buy an AC unit?
- What are side effects of bad AC units?