How do I install a water heater?
The steps to install a water heater are pretty basic, however the actual installation is not as easy as the steps make it seem!
- Shut-off water and gas/electric supply to the existing water heater and start draining the water out of the tank
- Disconnect the existing water heater from the water, gas/electric supply and remove the vent
- Move the old water heater out of the way and replace with the new water heater
- Reconnect the water supply, gas/electric supply, vent system
- Turn the new water heater on and check for any leaks
- When complete go each faucet in the home and open to remove air from the water lines