How do I winterize my plumbing?
Here are some simple steps to winterizing the plumbing in your home.
- Shut-off the main water valves on both the house and street side.
- Disconnect your water meter.
- Open all faucet in the house, leaving them open
- Flush all toilets
- Open all outside hose faucets
- Putting a bucket underneath the house side shut-off valve, open the valve and collect any drainage
- You can either turn water heater to vacation setting or turn off and drain water completely out of the water heater.
- Plunge all sinks and toilets to remove as much water as possible from the traps
- Put in RV antifreeze into drain traps (sinks, toilets, etc.)
- Leave faucets open and meter dropped