No one expects their life to end on the toilet, but believe it or not it happens. Some of our world’s most famous political leaders and entertainment icons have taken their last breath on the toilet. Here are six notable people who died on or near the toilet, along with their cause of death.
1) Elvis Presley: Perhaps the most talented and revered musician of our time, Elvis also holds the dubious distinction of being the most famous person to die on a toilet. To be clear, Elvis wasn’t actually found on the toilet. He was found several feet from the toilet apparently seeking help after he suffered a heart attack.
2) King George II: He was the King of Great Britain and Ireland from 1727 until he died on the toilet in 1760. Overweight and blind in one eye, King George II went to the bathroom after drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Moments later a loud crash was heard and he was found dead, apparently due to an aortic aneurysm.
3) Louis Kahn: An award-winning American architect, Louis Kahn designed many buildings across the world, including the Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban (Bangladesh), Salk Institute (California) and Kimbell Art Museum (Texas). He died of a heart attack at Age 73 in a men’s restroom at Pennsylvania State in New York City.
4) Evelyn Waugh: A novelist, biographer and travel writer, English author Evelyn Waugh had a prolific career. After attending mass on Easter Day, Waugh, whose health had been in rapid decline, died of heart failure while sitting on the toilet of his home.
5) Charlie Chaplin, Jr. Son of the great Charlie Chaplin, considered one of the most important figures in the history of the film industry, Charlie Chaplin Jr. was an actor in his own right, appearing in 13 films. Chaplin Jr. died in 1968, at age 42, of a pulmonary embolism on the floor of his grandmother’s bathroom.
6) Jim Morrison: Best known as lead singer of The Doors, Morrison’s death was caused by a heart attack in an apartment in Paris, France. While that’s the official police report, others allege Morrison died on the toilet of a nightclub after an apparent drug overdose. He was just 27 years old.