As homeowners in a place like Southfield, Michigan, we have to be very cautious of our utility costs. Our Summers are hot enough to require air conditioning and our winters are cold enough to require heat. All in all, we probably have some form of HVAC system in use 9 months a year and that takes a toll on our finances. But what if we told you there was a hidden robber stealing money right from your pocket? Hint: You can see right through this culprit!
The Energy You Are Wasting
Did you know that you could be wasting up to 15% of the energy you are PAYING for because of old windows? Let us explain:
- Air desperately wants to find equilibrium.
- When you have hot air (thinner) in your home and colder air (more dense) outside, they will try to mix to find molecular balance.
- In less fancy terms, they want to stay even in terms of pressure.
- That will lead to the hot air in your home rising and escaping through cracks in your window seal or the framing of the window.
- Air can also get in through the reverse situation in the Summer time.
How to Get It Back
- Energy efficient windows can reflect or absorb sun’s rays to give your home the natural heating or cooling effect that you desire.
- If you don’t want to invest in all new windows, try fortifying the windows you have!
- Go to the hardware store and buy weatherstripping, a caulk gun and caulk to seal the windows in your home.
- Properly doing this task could save you 10-20% on utility bills this season!
Here at Levine & Sons, we have been your heating and cooling specialists for over 80 years and we are blessed and honored to continue our service for another Winter. Your neighbors are already scheduling their furnace tune-ups and we urge you to do the same.
To schedule an appointment, call 1-888-LEVINE1 or book on our website for fast and easy service!