You may be turning your furnace on during the nighttime hours this October, but you won’t start to see the big utility costs until the holiday shopping begins. We need to spend to fulfill the Christmas and Hanukkah lists, but now the furnace is killing our wallet too? Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be this way:
- If you are just relaxing around the house this weekend, try bundling up a little warmer! Every degree on your thermostat counts and lowering it from 73°F to 70°F can save you up to 9% on your heating bills.
- If you have an old or frequently broken furnace, try replacing with a new Energy Star model instead. These units could be up to 50% more efficient depending on the age of your old unit and they will keep your costs minimal month to month.
- During the daylight hours, take advantage of that radiant heat. Open the blinds and let the sun in during the day, but be sure to lock down the hatches at night. We know how these nights go in Southfield!
- You want to make sure you have no furniture or plants in the way of your furnace or radiator. For safety reasons and for overall heating costs.
- If you are cooking for the Lions game or if you have a family event coming up, the thermostat can afford to go down a few degrees. The oven will provide heat and the increased number of people in your home will help keep the place warm and cozy.
Here at Levine & Sons, we have been through over 80 winters with the Southfield community and this one is going to be no different. We will provide top quality service for an affordable price and we will make you feel like part of the family. No furnace issue is too big or too small and we can’t wait to get started.
To schedule a furnace inspection, call 1-888-LEVINE1 or book an appointment on our website!