No matter where you live, what you do for work or how you enjoy spending your free time, we can all agree that it would be nice to stop spending so much on energy bills. After all, it’s difficult enough to afford life’s luxuries and things would be a bit easier if we all had some more money in our bank accounts, right? Well, there are in fact, a few quick and easy things you can do to start down on energy costs right now!
- Pay More Attention To Your Thermostat: setting it and forgetting it may not be the best approach when it comes to your thermostat, unless you have a programmable or smart model. Lowering the temperature a few degrees each day while you’re not home can shave lots of money off your energy bill.
- Vacuum More Often: believe it or not, dusty vents and coils can make your appliances work much harder. Be sure to vacuum them at least once a month.
- Clean or Replace Air Filters: your hvac system won’t work as efficiently if the filter is soiled. We recommend cleaning or changing the filter once every three months at the absolute minimum — once a month is even better!
- Open Up Shades/Blinds During The Day: this will allow the warm energy from the sun to penetrate into your home and keep it comfortable during the colder months of the year. The result? Your heating system won’t have to work nearly as hard. The opposite is true for the warmer months of the year.
- Close Shades/Blinds At Night: to help trap the warm air inside, rather than letting it escape through draft windows and doors.
- Unplug Electronic Devices When They’re Not In Use: this will eliminate what’s known as “phantom energy consumption.” Your devices still draw electricity while they’re plugged in, even though they may not be turned on.
- Take Quicker Showers: the longer you spend using hot water in the shower, the harder your boiler has to work in order to produce more hot water. Limit showers to 10 minutes or less.
- Get an HVAC Tune-Up: trust us when we tell you a tune-up is worth it. We’ll make sure your equipment is operating at peak performance so you’re not throwing money out the window!
- Turn Down Your Water Heater: you’ll still receive plenty of hot water even if you turn the setting on the water heater down a few degrees. Plus, leaving it set above 120°F can cause scalding.
- Layer Up: this applies to both your bedding and your clothes. Adding another blanket and throwing on a sweatshirt or fleece is a great way to stay warm without cranking up the heat.
We provide residential and commercial plumbing repair, drain cleaning, as well as heating and air conditioning installation, service and repair. Whether you need furnace repair, boiler repair, or a plumber for leaky pipes, re-piping, water pressure issues, drain cleaning, water heaters or other plumbing repairs, we offer comprehensive plumbing, heating and cooling services to meet the needs of your home or business. Call us today at 1-888-LEVINE1.