We Offer Financing!

Learn More

11 Mind-Blowing Facts About Water!

Warning: this blog may or may not make you have to urinate. After all, it’s all about water – cascading waves of blue, bubbly water! Can your bladder handle it? If so, here are 11 mind-blowing facts about H20. Bottoms up!


1) The average toilet uses 8 liters of clean water in a single flush. Now, we know what you’re thinking: I’ll just start urinating in the shower like a normal person. While we cannot endorse this idea, it’s a decent way to save water.

2) Roughly 70% of an adult’s body is made up of water. For most Americans, the other 30% consists of pizza, burgers and chicken wings.

3) About 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered by water – 96.5% of which is located in the oceans.

4) Too much water can make you intoxicated. This happens when so much water is consumed so quickly that it dilutes the sodium level in your bloodstream, causing an imbalance of water in the brain.

5) The average American consumes between 80-100 gallons of water per day. That’s enough water to fill more than two bathtubs.

6) Americans love their bottled water – enough to consume 8.6 billion gallons of it each year. Unfortunately, only 1 in 5 of these water bottles is recycled.

7) The average dishwasher uses over 100 liters per cycle. That’s the equivalent of flushing the toilet 12.5 times.

8) Water boils quicker in Denver, Colorado than in New York City. This can be attributed to Denver’s “mile high” altitude.

9) Taking a shower uses 10 to 25 gallons of water, while taking a bath requires up to 70 gallons.

10) 1,000 gallons of water are needed to produce a single gallon of milk, while 634 gallons of water go into the production of one hamburger.

11) The human record for holding one’s breath underwater belongs to 39-year old Denmark native Stig Severinsen, who in 2012 held his breath for 22 minutes, breaking his own world record.

Skip to content