Even if you are the cleanest person in the world, drains are tough to maintain over their lifetime. Your kitchen sink is taking in food and debris of all kinds and something is bound to get down there that doesn’t belong. But if you begin to notice slow moving water or strange noises, you should try and implement one of the following solutions»
- Take a regular wire coat hanger and straighten it out the best you can.
- Bend one end to form a small hook that you will eventually feed into the drain.
- Feed the hook end into the drain and begin fishing for hair, food or any other debris that might be caught in there.
- Be careful not to force the clog down any further.
- Mix ⅓ cup of baking soda with ⅓ cup of vinegar.
- It will begin to fizz and you need to act quick. Pour it down the drain and listen to it tackle that sludge buildup in the pipes.
- This will peel gunk off of the pipe walls and then you need to wash that away with a pot of boiling water.
- Go take your wet vacuum out of storage or borrow one from a friend.
- Cover the vacuum vent to prevent a total mess.
- Attach your smallest vacuum head and feed it as far down the drain as you can.
- Switch it to the liquid setting and go to work.
- If your toilet is clogged, dish detergent is the best solution to the problem.
- Pour the detergent down the drain by itself at first.
- Once it settles and begins going down the drain, add boiling water to the toilet and flush to wash it all down.
Unfortunately, these solutions are not always going to get the job done. Some clogs are deeper rooted than others and for the tough ones, you’ll need a Levine professional. We have been clearing drains for over 80 years and that experience is going to give us the upper hand on our competition.
To schedule drain cleaning service, call 1-888-LEVINE1 or click around on our website!