I think we can all agree that it would be nice if we could keep the house comfortable AND save money during the hot summer months, right? The problem is, you’re stuck somewhere in between lowering the thermostat a few degrees because it’s getting warm and having to shell out another hundred dollars on your utility bill – we’ve all been there! Well, with the five air conditioning efficiency hacks below, we certainly hope it will become less of a struggle to keep cool while saving money.
- Keep the area around your air conditioner clear. This includes dirt, debris, sticks, twigs, leaves, etc. Adequate airflow is one of the may keys to efficient operation.
- The outdoor unit isn’t the only thing you need to keep clean. Double check to make sure indoor vents aren’t being blocked and remember to vacuum them once a month.
- Raise the temperature on the thermostat a few degrees. Yes, you heard us correctly. Doing so will prevent your system from working so hard to mitigate drastic spikes in indoor temperature.
- Close blinds and curtains during the daytime hours. The sun’s rays are quite warm and they can quickly and easily heat up the house by penetrating through glass windows and doors.
- Avoid using heat-producing appliances during the hottest parts of the day. This includes things like the stove, oven and dryer. You’d be surprised at how much extra heat these appliances pump into the air.
At Levine & Sons, we make sure our technicians arrive on time and come prepared with all of the parts and tools needed to solve your cooling issues fast. So if you need service or repairs this summer, you know who to call!